Full stack developer of open source IoT Platform – 32 to 40 hours
Who we are
Started in 2015, OpenRemote is a professional open source IoT platform to overcome the challenges of integrating many different communication protocols and data sources into a single, easy to use data management solution. The OpenRemote platform integrates all data, sensors, and controls to access them centrally; transforming data into information and supporting the design of customised (mobile) applications for client projects. OpenRemote also offers clients the services to assess their challenges and design, build and manage their IoT applications.
Currently our focus is on manufacturers or distributors that want to digitise their (physical) product.
What you will be doing
You will be an important part of the OpenRemote team and central to the development of the core platform. You will be working on all issues related to an IoT platform, from making efficient data collection calls for visualisations, to creating bulk actions for assets, and improving the MQTT Broker integration. You will work closely together with our CTO and architect, and give advice to project managers and designers on what the best technical approach to potential challenges is. We work in short agile cycles and need this flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of customers and users of the platform.
- HTTP REST API enhancements and optimisations
- Implement algorithms that deliver optimised data for visualisation purposes
- New UI feature development such as advanced user search, lazy loading and pagination
- Integration of third party components and services
- Improve scalability of the platform through microservices
- You love working on a complex product
- You have 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- You feel comfortable taking ownership of the features you build and work independently
- You enjoy finding the balance between the perfect solution and getting things done
- You are fluent in Java, Typescript, HTML/JS and English
- You preferably have experience with Docker, Git, Web components (LitElement), SQL, MQTT and TCP/IP
- You can come to the office in Eindhoven, Netherlands at least 3 days a week
What you get
- You will become part of the core team and have real impact on the product
- An experienced and international team to learn from
- Informal working environment
- Flexible working hours
- And of course a competitive salary